As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Cypriot citizens who wish to visit Vietnam for tourism, business, or other purposes typically need to obtain a visa to enter the country. Vietnam offers various types of visas, including tourist visas and business visas, depending on the purpose and duration of your stay. Here’s a general overview of the Vietnam visa application process for Cypriot citizens:
- Visa Types: Determine the type of visa you need based on your purpose of travel. The most common types for tourists and business travelers are:
- Tourist Visa (DL): This visa is suitable for tourists and visitors planning to explore Vietnam for tourism purposes.
- Business Visa (DN): This visa is for individuals traveling to Vietnam for business-related activities.
- Visa Exemption: Check if you qualify for visa exemption. Cypriot citizens can visit Vietnam without a visa for up to 15 days for tourism purposes, subject to certain conditions. However, if you plan to stay longer or for business purposes, you will need to apply for a visa.
- Visa on Arrival (VOA): Cypriot citizens can also apply for a Visa on Arrival (VOA) if you plan to enter Vietnam by air. To do this:
- Contact a reputable VOA service provider in Vietnam and apply for a VOA approval letter. You will typically need to fill out an online application form, pay a service fee, and provide your travel details.
- Once your VOA approval letter is issued, you will receive it by email. Print a copy and bring it with you to Vietnam.
- Upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports (e.g., Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh City or Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi), present your passport, the VOA approval letter, a passport-sized photo, and the visa stamping fee to the immigration authorities to obtain your visa.
- Embassy or Consulate Visa Application: If you prefer to obtain a visa before traveling to Vietnam, you can apply for a visa at the Embassy of Vietnam in Cyprus or at a Vietnamese consulate in a nearby country. To do this:
- Contact the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam to inquire about the specific visa application requirements, forms, and fees.
- Complete the visa application form and gather the necessary supporting documents, which may include an invitation letter for business visas.
- Submit your application and pay the visa fee. The processing time may vary, so apply well in advance of your planned travel dates.
- Visa Extension: If you need to extend your stay in Vietnam, you can apply for a visa extension through the Vietnam Immigration Department. The extension process may require the assistance of a local agency or law firm in Vietnam.
Please note that visa requirements and procedures can change over time, so it’s essential to verify the most up-to-date information and requirements on the official website of the Embassy of Vietnam or the Vietnam Immigration Department. Additionally, consider consulting with the nearest Vietnamese diplomatic mission for the most accurate and current visa application guidance.